Sophia is the head of our Customer Care Team, she is Keto-Vegetarian, her wife is Keto also. I sat down with her to chat through all things eating Keto, eating Vegetarian Keto, and how to make life easier with a 6 month old baby in tow!!
1. Why do you eat Keto?
I wanted to try a different approach to eating healthy. I just wanted to change things up. I love eating high fat (CHEESE!). I feel so much clearer, my energy is way better, I eat now purely for fuel not for cravings. I feel satisfied with eating and not always looking for more.
I’ve been eating Keto for 9 weeks now and I have a lot more energy.
2. Why keto with Nourish’d?
Because Emily (my wife) eats meat, and I eat vegetarian, we already have two different dietary needs. Then adding Keto on top was next level! We also have a six month old so it was just not do-able to make everything from scratch.
We need to fuel our bodies well and quickly, and finding a Keto meal delivery service was #1 for me. It also works that I have the ability to feed back to our recipe development team – that’s why we have such a great range of keto meals, and keto vegetarian (you’re welcome!)
I find keto at Breakfast time is super easy, but then micro-nutrient wise it’s just not easy to achieve all of the ideal levels outside of that. So knowing I had this sorted for both of us at each meal time made it so much easier.
It’s also very easy to go overboard with treats on Keto. When I order keto meals as opposed to making them, I know what I need to eat next, I don’t have to think about it at all. I have time for all the good stuff and getting through my day! My mind isn’t wondering down the rabbit hole of Keto treat variations – we all know what that’s like!
3. What would you say to people looking to try the Keto diet?
Definitely give it a go. Like any food approach it’s not for everyone, you do need to like eating high fat. Once you get over the first 3 days it’s actually very easy. I actually prefer to not say Diet. My mind just doesn’t work like that. I see it as an approach to eating that will shift and change as I need it to.I feel like it’s actually a really great way to feel balanced in general. You get on a roll with it, once you get used to eating that way.
4. What would you warn people about?
Carbs aren’t the enemy! I listen to my body and have cycled out once now when I felt like my body wanted a big nutritious meal full of veggies. It doesn’t have to feel restrictive, I feel like it’s freedom for us. I love that I can have our Nourish’d meals there – they are all macro counted and it’s just a much easier way to stay on top of the macros. I also get the veggies in that I need without tipping over the carb levels.
5. What are your favourite Keto products?
- Essentially Keto Cookies especially! I LOVE them.
- I love the LOKA Brand Cheese and Herb Ultra Lupin chips
- Olive Tapenade by the bucket load
6. Is there any you would like people to know about when looking for Keto Meal Delivery Service?
- For specifically Vegetarian Keto – I would say make sure the company has variety, there are so many companies out there with only one dish that’s suitable. Trust me when I say you will be OVER that quickly!
- Look out for fillers – Almost all healthy meal delivery services say they are ‘healthy’, however you really have to keep an eye out for fillers and preservatives. The point of Keto is to feel better which means you need a keto meal delivery company that will have your back with this. One of the brands I looked at recently had a preservative in it that is totally banned in kids food – I don’t want to be eating that either. There is no point in eating so well only to be consuming those things by accident.
- Definitely choose a fresh provider – For me I choose to eat fresh food. The thought of frozen meals makes me feel like I’m missing out. So I would say choose fresh so that you feel excited to get this beautiful fresh keto meal out of the fridge! Rather than the alternative frame which can feel like you’re missing out.
- Make sure the size fits into your calories for the days – The Nourish’d standard size is perfect for my lunch and dinner portions and i still fit in my calories deficit this way. My wife on the other hand has a more active day, and needs that bigger portion size. Being able to get that all in one place makes life so much easier!
Any final words?
Just enjoy it! Life is meant to be lived right!? I love keto cause it works for me, I feel great and it allows me freedom without restriction. Do what feels right for you and your body and mind will thank you!