What is all the fuss about activated charcoal? Seriously? Why the hell do people want to eat charcoal?
Well activated charcoal (also known as activated or pure carbon) is a fine, black, odourless, tasteless powder. It is made from coconut shells, coal or wood and becomes ‘activated ‘ when heated with gas. It is commonly used in hospital emergencies to treat poisoning, but for you it can be used in everyday life .
Just 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal has the potential to absorb large amounts of gases, toxins and poisons.
When added to water it can improve impurities such as fluoride, pesticides and chlorine.
It is popular for its detoxing benefits and can improve digestion.
You can mix into a paste with water and use as a facemask to remove impurities from the pores.
Or you can use it on your toothbrush to help whiten your teeth!
You will notice a trend in cafes at the moment with ‘Black lemonade’ or ‘Charcoal Lattes’ being served on the menu.
The taste is not what you think! You cant taste the charcoal at all!
But please note, always consult your doctor before trying new fads and if you or someone you know does ingest poison, please don’t rely on activated charcoal. Stick to a trip to the emergency room.