Often when we think of self care, we think of massages or long baths.
But it is much more than that. It is about being as kind to yourself as you often are to others.
It is about healthy everyday rituals to help keep your mind and body refreshed. It helps to build self confidence and to be more positive. And it doesn’t have to cost a cent.
Top Benefits Of Self Care
- Better productivity. When you learn how to say “no” to things that over-extend you and start making time for things that matter more, you slow life down in a wonderful way.
- Improved Immunity. There is evidence that most self-care activities activate your parasympathetic nervous system (PNS). What this means is that your body goes into a restful, rejuvenating mode, helping it to fortify its immune system. So, with better self-care often comes fewer colds, cases of flu and upset stomachs.
- Enhanced self-esteem. When you regularly carve out time that’s only about being good to yourself and meeting your own needs, you send a positive message to your subconscious.
- More to give. When you’re good to yourself, you might think you’re being selfish. In truth, self-care gives you the resources you need to be compassionate to others as well. Because you can’t pour from an empty cup!
Ways to boost your mood with these self care tips
- Do something that makes you happy. Like play a song, meditate, bake or cook, exercise, sing. Find something that is your particular mood lifter.
- Unplug from social media. This is always healthy. we often get caught up in other peoples lives and forget to be happy for ourselves.
- Focus on what you are grateful for. By writing down 2-3 things you are grateful for or proud of each day can really get rid of negative vibes and help you focus on a more positive you.
- Take yourself on a date. For example take yourself out to the beach or for coffee or read a book somewhere outside or even see a movie. Don’t wait for someone else to join you to be happy. Enjoy things on your own too.
- Breathe. Take some time to yourself to just be still and breathe.
- Remember to laugh. Because lets face it, laughter is the best medicine!