Well, these muffins are going to be your safe haven – they taste like chocolate, give you the endorphine high like chocolate BUT there are more vegetables than any other ingredient + the cacao is antioxidant rich and good for the soul 😉
I am genuinely surprised with how well this recipe worked. Its a vegan adaption of the I Quit Sugar Red Velvet Cupcakes with a hit of superfood goodness from the Isowhey Superfood Range. I used the Organic Beetroot, Maqui and Goji Juice powder for extra flavour + antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. These powders are gluten, dairy, soy, artificial colour, flavour and sweetener free + vegan!
These cupcakes are absolutely delicious and perfectly topped with lemon infused yoghurt!
1/2 Beetroot, grated
1/2 Sweet potato, grated
1/2 large zucchini (or 1 small), grated
2 Chia eggs (2 tbsp chia to 6 tbsp water)
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup flaxmeal
3/4 cup brown almond meal
5 tbsp raw cacao powder
3 tbsp Coconut oil
1/4 cup Coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Isowhey Organic Beetroot, Maqui and Goji Juice powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 C and spray cupcake moulds with some olive oil spray/line them (either or!)
2. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until batter is smooth
3. Test Taste!! Check it tastes okay! Some batches may need a little extra vanilla or coconut sugar if its too bland!
4. Divide batter between 16 cup cake moulds (for mini cupcakes) or 12 for larger cupcakes
5. Bake for 40 minutes – 1 hour (do the old wooden stick in to check if it comes out clean – the veggie proportion means they will generally need to bake for longer)