Sometimes I find that a result of quitting sugar means I’ve actually never tasted some food items. New Tim Tam flavours, Cadbury’s marvellous creations and it recently struck me, also waffles. Not to worry though, recreating is fun and I set out to the challenge. So I bought a waffle maker and the result is this clean, guilt free and sugar free recipe!
1/4 cup Amazonia Raw Vanilla Protein
3/4 cup spelt flour
1/4 cup linseed meal
2 tblsp baking powder
1 tblsp chia seeds
1 tsp maca powder
A pinch of pink Himalayan salt & a sprinkle of cinnamon
1 cup almond or coconut
1 tbslp of honey (could use any sweetener of choice, i used my grandfather’s because it was on hand but an equal amount of Maple Syrup or Coconut Syrup would work perfectly).
1. Mix all dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately
2. Add the two mixtures together and stir thoroughly to remove any bumps (can do by hand or electric mixer)
3. Heat waffle maker up as per instructions for particular model and spray with coconut oil/olive oil spray
4. Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of the mixture to each waffle mould (you could add more depending on how large the moulds are)
5. Allow your waffle maker to do its thing until the waffles are cooked to the point where they easily peel from the moulds
6. Decorate with your options of toppings! My favourite includes Mama Bickies Natural Granola, 24/7 toppers and vegan ice-cream made from blended frozen fruits like banana, mango and spinach!